Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Saga Continues into Fall

Since last post I have been studying. I aced summer school yippee!) and cannonballed into fall semester with five classes. It took about three weeks (and a 66 on an ethics quiz) to determine that five classes and full-time employment are like olive oil and water, they just don't mix. I dropped my linguistics class and all is well again.

Next semester I will take the linguistics class, literature, an introduction to fiction writing advanced poetry writing with Dorianne Laux. Since August I've been fortunate enough to study with Dorianne. if you don't know her, I would suggest a Google search. What I have learned from Dorianne is that you can throw a brick and hit a poet (seems everyone is looking to connect with their inner self), to write fearlessly, you can use the "f" word and get away with it, that writers simply must write and rewrite. I've learned that the poetry of Matthew Dickman rocks and that it is within my reach.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good day - re your " arco post" 19/03 16/03 please email and we will get back onto you these are excelent but used
regards
jamie d